Today I finished Brené Brown's latest book, Daring Greatly. What an unbelievable read. I just got lost in the book over and over again. Needless to say, I'm now blogging about it instead of doing my tax homework. Shame on me! Interesting that I would use the word "shame", for Brene Brown is a shame and vulnerability researcher - did you even know those existed?
I've read one of her other books, The Gift of Imperfections and loved it. I've also watched her TED talks (boy would I love to attend a conference) and again loved it. I have to say I really enjoy Brené Brown's work and I can't wait to read the next book of hers I have waiting for me at the library.
I would recommend her books to anyone and everyone. I know they sound kinda silly and full of "self-help" but seriously you guys, they are great. As "silly" as it sounds I've learned so much about myself - we're all in a tough battle, why not open one of these books if not to understand other better?
Brené ended the book with a quote by Theodore Roosevelt that really resonated with me, remember...
it's not the critic who counts.

No comments:
Post a Comment