Sunday, March 9, 2014

A lesson in etiquette.

It's astonishing to me how few people follow proper etiquette. It rattles me, and makes me squirm.

So, I thought I would mention just a few notes, that we all should have learned growing up regarding etiquette:

- put your knife and fork together once you are finished your meal.
This drives me bonkers, I can't stand it when people don't do this.

- never leave someone out, ensure everyone is included.
This is one my mother drilled into my head. If there were 15 girls in my class growing up and I only wanted to invite 12 to my birthday, I was inviting 15. That was that.

- if you attend an event you need to bring something for the host.
It doesn't matter if it's a dinner party or a birthday party or just a small get together. You ALWAYS bring something for the host/hostess. Likely, they have spent all day cleaning and preparing food, so show them a little appreciation. Bring them flowers or a bottle of wine.

- don't leave in the middle of an event.
Unless someone is dying there is no reason to leave an event in the middle. Don't you dare leave and then come back, that's just rude.

- there is no such thing as a maybe.
You're either going or your not. Make a decision and inform the hostess. There is nothing more frustrating than an indecisive guest.



No comments:

Post a Comment