Thursday, February 27, 2014

5 years, 4 faculties, 3 co-op terms, 2 homes & 1 chemistry tutor and a bachelor's degree.

I promised I'd try to update this blog a little more, after all writing saves my sanity. Plus I like to know where the time goes. 

Speaking of which, where has the time gone! 

5 years ago I started out on an incredible journey to complete a post-secondary education. 

Looking back on 18-year old Janine is funny, I laugh... I thought I had everything figured out. I started my journey in the faculty of Engineering, and had the next 8 years of my life planned out, which included marrying someone who did not share any of the same values as I do. I laugh now because that plan fell apart 4 months in. 

After quite a few trial and error faculties, I found my home in the faculty of business, and I couldn't be happier. I'm graduating with a degree that will keep me gainfully employed (I have had employment plans post-graduation for 2 years now) and I've met some of the most remarkable people. 

Would I go back and change anything?

No.

If it weren't for the Faculty of Engineering I never would have learned the importance of knowing the things you don't want to do. If I hadn't tried the Faculty of Science I never would have met the man of my dreams, and while my stint in the Faculty of Agriculture was short (read a week and a half) I know that I will always have a passion for a healthy lifestyle. All that aside I'm glad I pursued (and finished!) a business degree! 

There are so many opportunities for me in the future, and I'm so excited to try them all! 

Watch out world, here I come! 


No comments:

Post a Comment