Being a writer is one of those things you kind of sort of don't consider yourself until you realize that you do it all the time. I've been writing for a long time, journals, quotes and now blogs. I never realized how long I'd been writing for until I found old journals stuffed away in cupboards. Writing is an outlet. Maybe for some it's a bit of a hassle but nothing feels better than putting a pen to paper and writing down your thoughts.... as arbitrary as they may be. I've never been a creative writer, and for a former dancer I actually wouldn't consider myself very creative. I write thoughts, lists, future plans, travel or otherwise and just general day-to-day musings.
Writing is a way to deal with thoughts and feelings. Whether they are joyful, unhappy, frustrating, anxiety ridden or just plain neutral and benign. Writing deals with everything that's all cooped up. Writing doesn't judge, although your readers might.
Again I never really considered myself a writer until I found that when bad or good and monotonous things happen in my life I really just want to write them down.
No comments:
Post a Comment